The Applicant shall fill and submit the application form to specify.
- the name and address of the headquarter or registered office of the Unit
- the information for the Unit to be assessed in the formats of the application form
- the activities carried out in the Unit
- the location of each Unit to be assessed
- the commitment to adhere the GIF Code of Conducts (or other approved Codes)
- Undertaking letter declaring the compliance with applicable rules and regulation related to social, health and safety and environment.
- The certificate shall be issued to the assessed Unit, not to the organization the Unit belongs to.
Here you can download the Application Form
The Application shall be reviewed by a competent persons.
In this phase the applicant is requested to deliver a set of documents required to prepare the Assessment plan.
The applicant organization declares, along with the application, that any judicial proceedings relating to its operations, any proceedings by any Regulatory body. Such declaration shall be a part of the undertaking letter.
Only applications duly filled and supported with all required documents (including the application fee) are accepted and registered with a unique identification number, acknowledged and records maintained.
Upon successful registration the Applicant receives a Self-Assessment Tool. This is the starting point of the certification process.
Completing the questionnaire helps Applicants to
- gain confidence with the Get It Fair Framework
- understand how effectively the social responsibility strategy is deployed
- identify the relationships between the approaches and the risk level in every SR aspect
- identify the current strengths and prioritise opportunities for improvement
- prepare the Assessment.
The Self-Assessment consists of a subset of questions from the Get It Fair Framework covering the “core elements” referring to the OECD Due Diligence guidance for responsible supply chain.
Once completed, the Self-Assessment must be submitted to ICMQ India in order to plan the Assessment activity.
The Assessment conduction is supported by i-Audit app which enables the Assessor to lead the process according to a standardized approach and to record evidences and findings.
- Verifying documentation
- Visiting and analysing the production facilities and units
- Taking pictures
- Conducting interviews (management, worker, etc.)
The findings are drafted per each element and area and are supported by evidences and findings gathered during the Assessment.
The site visit is carried out in a very open and constructive atmosphere. It is the moment where the Organization provides assessors with tangible evidence related to the Social Responsibility management system and the risk level regarding every aspect.
A Reviewer Team checks the Final Assessment Report prepared by the Lead Assessor and verifies whether all the relevant aspects are duly verified and supported with clear evidences and statements.
Once reviewed the Final Assessment Report becomes the supporting document for the Non Financial Report and the Ethical Label.
A decision is taken by ICMQ India, upon positive assessment completion and evaluation of the assessment report.