The Applicant shall fill and submit the application form to the CB.
The Application form shall specify:
- the name and address of the headquarter or registered office of the organization
- the information for the Factory to be assessed in the formats of the application form
- the activities carried out in the Factory
- the location of each factory to be assessed
- the commitment to adhere the GIF Code of Conducts (or other approved Codes)
- Undertaking letter declaring the compliance with applicable rules and regulation related to social, health and safety and environment.
- The certificate shall be issued to the assessed factory, not to the organization the factory belongs to.
Here you can download the Application Form
The Application shall be reviewed. The registration is the formal act attesting the acceptance of the application. A competent person reviews the application.
The applicant organization declares, along with the application, that any judicial proceedings relating to its operations, any proceedings by any Regulatory body. Such declaration shall be a part of the undertaking letter.
Only applications duly filled and supported with all required documents (including the application fee) are accepted and registered with a unique identification number, acknowledged and records maintained.
Upon successful registration the Applicant receives a Self-Assessment Tool. This is the starting point of the certification process.
Completing the questionnaire helps Applicants to
- gain confidence with the Get It Fair Framework
- understand how effectively the social responsibility strategy is deployed
- identify the relationships between the approaches and the risk level in every SR aspect
- identify the current strengths and prioritise opportunities for improvement
- prepare the Assessment.
The Self-Assessment consists of a subset of questions from the Get It Fair Framework covering the “core elements” referring to the OECD Due Diligence guidance for responsible supply chain.
Once completed, the Self-Assessment must be submitted to ICMQ India in order to plan the Assessment activity.
The scope of the Assessment is to verify and collect evidences regarding the effective implementation of the Social Responsibility management system and the risk level against the GIF Framework.
The Assessor collects evidence on the Organization’s by:
- Verifying documentation
- Visiting and analysing the production facilities and units
- Conducting interviews with management, workers representative and workers from different areasThe Assessor consolidates both “Strength points” as well as “Areas of improvement” for the Organization in the Findings Report. The findings are drafted per Criterion and must be supported by evidences gathered during the Assessment.
- The site visit is carried out in a very open and constructive atmosphere. It is the moment where the Organization provides assessors with tangible evidence related to the Social Responsibility management system and the risk level regarding every aspect.
The decision of granting the certification is taken by ICMQ India, upon positive assessment completion and evaluation of the assessment report.
The certificate is issued on the date of the certification decision and it valid for three (3) years.