This Mark identifies “GIF Responsible Organizations” validated claim within the GIF ESG Rating scheme (the Programme) according to ISO 17033.
In conclusion, only organizations that have an acceptable level of exposure to ESG risks at the end of the Due Diligence process with respect to the GIF Programma may receive the validated claim.
Why it is important
The overall aim of a validation is to give confidence to all parties that a validated claims fulfills the specified requirements. In truth, the value of validation depends on the impartial evaluation by a competent validation body.
Presently an increasing number of stakeholder is demaning reliable and credible information on the ethical characteristics of an organization. For instance they include, but are not limited to, the following:
- customers and consumers
- banks, assurance, finance
- Public Bodies
- Regulatory Authorities
- Local communities
- Employees and workers
“GIF Responsible Organization” validated claim undoubtely provides organizations with an important competitive tool. It allows organization to significantly distinguish themselves from others on the basis of their ethical characteristics.
How it works
Organizations can concurrently use “GIF Responsible Organization” validated claim and logo in the following ways:
- corporate communication (press release, advertorial, etc.)
- corporate WEB site, brochures, etc.
- marketing communication at the point of sale
- on the main body of the product or the packaging
- instruction manuals, catalogues, product literature, technical bulletins
- advertising, publicity, media marketing displayed at the point of sale, or placed on the WEB site
- product description in e-commerce WEB sites and portals
Obviously Organizations shall use the “GIF Responsible Organization”, claim, logo and ethical label in compliance with the Rules for the validated claim use.